My Authentic Thai Green Chicken Curry
This dish is ideal for a quick evening supper and can be on the table in thirty minutes.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 6 Chicken Thighs cut into finger-thick strips
- 1 large White Onion peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 small tin Bamboo Shoots
- 1 large Green Pepper cut into chunks
- A large handful Sugar snap Peas
- A large handful Coriander roughly chopped
- 400 ml Coconut Milk
- 4 Kaffir Lime Leaves
- 1 Lime zest and juice
- 3 cloves Garlic peeled and crushed
- 3 tablespoon Thai Green Curry Paste
- 2 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 tablespoon Thai Fish Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Palm Sugar you can substitute golden Caster Sugar
- Freshly ground Black Pepper
Carefully heat the oil in a wok or deep sided frying pan and add the onion. Cook for ten minutes until the onion starts to soften.
Add the chicken strips turn up the heat and stir-fry until the chicken is starting to brown on all sides. Reduce the heat slightly and add the green curry paste, green pepper, and the garlic. Cook for two more minutes stirring continuously.
Add the coconut milk, Kaffir lime leaves, lime juice and zest, fish sauce, sugar, and a large pinch of pepper and stir well. Bring the mixture to a gentle simmer and cook for ten minutes until the chicken is cooked and the sauce reduced.
Add the bamboo shoots and the sugar snaps and continue to cook for a couple more minutes, stirring regularly, until the sugar snaps are just tender.
Check the seasoning adding a little more fish sauce if required. Stir in the coriander and serve with Jasmine rice.