Kung Pao Chicken
You can exchange the thighs with chicken breast if you prefer just cook a little less.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time12 mins
Total Time27 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 500 gram boneless Chicken Thighs diced
- 1 large Leek washed and sliced
- 100 gram Raw Peanuts peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons Hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 6 large dried Red Chillies crumbled
- 3 cloves Garlic peeled and crushed
- 5 cm piece Ginger peeled and grated
- 1 heaped teaspoon Sichuan peppercorns crushed
- 1 Spring Onion finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chinese Rice Wine
- 2 teaspoons Cornflour
First marinade the chicken by placing the diced thigh pieces in a bowl and sprinkling with the cornflour. Stir well then add the soy sauce and rice wine and stir again.
Heat the oil in a wok and the Sichuan peppercorns and chillies, fry for twenty seconds and then add the peanuts. Fry for two minutes.
Add the chicken and the leeks, stir fry for three to four minutes then add the garlic and ginger, mix well.
Pour in the Hoisin sauce and a splash of water and mix to coat the other ingredients. Cook for another two or three minutes until the thigh meat is cooked through.
Remove from the heat, garnish with spring onions and serve.