I am a food and drink writer, chef, some-time publican, and restaurant manager. A qualified ASET trainer with over thirty years of experience working in hospitality. Now I am lucky enough to live and work in the Channel Islands with my beautiful family. I’ve worked on six islands and in probably just about every type of business you can imagine. From beachside burger joints to world-famous pizza restaurants and in more than a few really good food pubs, historic country inns, and a former RAC Blue Riband UK Hotel of the Year.
I have helped to create a small informal dining group, been an executive chef for a group of eighteen diverse bars and restaurants, demonstrated at food festivals, and contributed to the Real Food Festival Cookery Book, national and local publications, and podcasts. I am a proud member of the Guild of Food Writers and the British Guild of Beer Writers.
Ten things to know about me
- My favourite food to eat is Chinese, I love a proper Cantonese meal.
- My favourite thing to drink is Sherry, Pedro-Ximenez is to die for, try it poured over ice cream.
- I grew up just about as far as possible as you can be from the sea in the United Kingdom.
- I’m mildly Acrophobic but have ridden some of the world’s scariest roller coasters
- I’m a massive fan of classic English detective fiction, stick me in a country house murder mystery and I’d be hunting for clues.
- I survived hurricane Irene battering Key West, I’ve never ever seen vertical rain before!
- I’m short-sighted and get told off by my daughters for not wearing my glasses.
- I hate the texture of desiccated coconut.
- My favourite country to visit is Italy, Rome and Florence battle it out as my favourite city.
- I used to have ultra blonde hair as a child, now I’m struggling to keep any
Follow me or contact via
Please use the link on the top of my homepage to sign up for my free newsletter, follow me on Instagram, or my LinkedIn webpage or drop me an email.